Like Tom Cruise’s character in the movie “A Few Good Men,” you’ve got to demand the truth from team members. A first step for a leader is to say, “Above all else, I want the truth.”
Once you get the truth, can you handle it? Ask yourself: Have I encouraged bad news, as well as the good? When I get bad news, do I react in a way that discourages more?
Source: Terry Starbucker
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- Store managers can meet executive exemption without constant on-Site supervising of staff
- Small business employees' morale went up during 2Q
- Want severance agreement to stick? Call a lawyer
- Free handout: The 9 discrimination flashpoints your managers must avoid