A 69-year-old woman who has worked for a Tyler County title company since 1992 is suing her former employer, claiming she was a victim of age discrimination.
Sue Jeans accuses Central Title of firing her and replacing her with a younger worker.
Her lawsuit, filed in the Eastern District of Texas, also claims the company discriminated against her because she had filed a workers’ compensation claim.
Jeans alleges Central Title’s policies and practices condone unlawful and systematic age discrimination by failing to equalize employment conditions and adopting unreasonable, unwarranted standards of employment.
- Don't impose grooming rules that weigh heavier on one gender
- Drug testing leads to disability bias suit in Raleigh
- Age bias nets almost $1 million for El Paso airport food manager
- Keep thorough records of skills-testing processes and results to counter claims of bias
- Tell supervisors: Absolutely no ethnic comments allowed