A 69-year-old woman who has worked for a Tyler County title company since 1992 is suing her former employer, claiming she was a victim of age discrimination.
Sue Jeans accuses Central Title of firing her and replacing her with a younger worker.
Her lawsuit, filed in the Eastern District of Texas, also claims the company discriminated against her because she had filed a workers’ compensation claim.
Jeans alleges Central Title’s policies and practices condone unlawful and systematic age discrimination by failing to equalize employment conditions and adopting unreasonable, unwarranted standards of employment.
- Appeals court opens door on sexual orientation, although Title VII doesn't cover it
- EEOC can order employer to keep former harasser away
- OK to let divisions set own promotion criteria
- Employee who's suing files for bankruptcy? It just got easier to settle your case
- Act quickly once you verify harassment