A 69-year-old woman who has worked for a Tyler County title company since 1992 is suing her former employer, claiming she was a victim of age discrimination.
Sue Jeans accuses Central Title of firing her and replacing her with a younger worker.
Her lawsuit, filed in the Eastern District of Texas, also claims the company discriminated against her because she had filed a workers’ compensation claim.
Jeans alleges Central Title’s policies and practices condone unlawful and systematic age discrimination by failing to equalize employment conditions and adopting unreasonable, unwarranted standards of employment.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Remind supervisors: Don't assume disability
- Consider uniform, ADEA-compliant severance and rights-waiver releases--even if age isn't factor
- EEOC: Explain policies in workers' native language
- ShopRite facing lawsuits on disability, sex discrimination