A 69-year-old woman who has worked for a Tyler County title company since 1992 is suing her former employer, claiming she was a victim of age discrimination.
Sue Jeans accuses Central Title of firing her and replacing her with a younger worker.
Her lawsuit, filed in the Eastern District of Texas, also claims the company discriminated against her because she had filed a workers’ compensation claim.
Jeans alleges Central Title’s policies and practices condone unlawful and systematic age discrimination by failing to equalize employment conditions and adopting unreasonable, unwarranted standards of employment.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- What's wrong with this picture? You be the judge
- When employee sues, always check EEOC filing date
- It's just putting off the inevitable: Don't let management shrug off hostile work environment
- Check for subordinate bias before disciplining boss