At HHA Services in St. Clair Shores, Mich., managers go all-out to reward high-performing employees with a fancy banquet at a local country club. In fact, they’ve never missed the chance to say thanks in 21 years, even during the recession.
The provider of health care facilities-and food services uses its banquet to recognize and celebrate excellent customer service. Honorees are nominated by their co-workers or department heads.
Employees can receive awards for customer service, operational excellence and “Rookie of the Year,” among others. At this year’s banquet, two long-term employees—including the CEO—were singled out for their 30 years of service, and the HR vice president got a nod for staying on the job for 35 years.
Contact: Connie Day of HHA Services, (586) 771-3040.
- Use social networks to your advantage in employment disputes
- Office Organizer: Small biz tips on file organizing, record retention and email management
- How to reduce liability for harassment: Do the right thing
- The water cooler dies: Office gossip spreads faster online
- More cost-sharing coming as health care costs rise