Food service giant Sodexo has labeled some of its employees as “hard to reach”: those who work at client locations or who telework from home or whose jobs don’t involve regular use of computers or e-mail.
Now it’s offering managers several methods to reach out to them to ensure that they have knowledge, team spirit and the sense of belonging that are necessary to build a highly engaged workforce.
Among Sodexo’s engagement programs:
- Daily huddles. Brief, informal meetings at all locations allow employees to discuss activities of the day, and managers to emphasize the importance of customer service and safety.
- Iamsodexo.com. A dedicated web site (in English and Spanish) serves as a central portal to critical company information, such as benefits, training opportunities and support resources.
- Sodexo Employee Connect. On-site kiosks give front-line employees access to tools for signing up for training, changing payroll deductions and performing other at-work tasks.
- Virtual meetings. Field managers and support staff come together in a time- and cost-effective manner through semiannual virtual meetings that include presentations from , online discussions with senior company executives and industry experts, e-learning courses and recognition of outstanding performance.
- Best Practices in Recognition. The organization shares best practices for recognizing and rewarding employees with all managers. Tips for recognizing accomplishments are discussed in Sodexo’s weekly e-Bulletin and during regional and district conference calls.
Result: In 2010,levels rose by 5%.
Contact: Jaya K. Bohlmann of Sodexo, (301) 987-4415.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/14655/sodexo-reaches-out-to-engage-its-employees "