Executives are struggling withnow more than ever, given the “doing more with less” philosophy that reigns in most workplaces.
In a new poll from Robert Half Management Resources, 38% of executives surveyed said time management is their greatest challenge—more than keeping up with technology or staying current with their industry’s regulations.
Ask your boss: “How can I open up more time in your schedule?"
- Sort all incoming papers, whisking away or routing the unimportant.
- Process her e-mail inbox, culling the garbage, forwarding only what deserves her personal attention, and processing the rest.
- Handle routine correspondence. Armed with a boss’s preferences, you could answer requests for meetings, time or donations, for example.
- Swamped by e-mail? Employees declare 'E-mail Bankruptcy'
- When workplace romance fizzles, watch out for discipline that looks like discrimination
- NLRB presses first case involving Twitter posts
- Rise above a co-worker's e-mail attack
- What happens if workers' comp carrier doesn't respond to referral request?