Executives are struggling with timenow more than ever, given the “doing more with less” philosophy that reigns in most workplaces.
In a new poll from Robert Half Management Resources, 38% of executives surveyed said time management is their greatest challenge—more than keeping up with technology or staying current with their industry’s regulations.
Ask your boss: “How can I open up more time in your schedule?"
- Sort all incoming papers, whisking away or routing the unimportant.
- Process her e-mail inbox, culling the garbage, forwarding only what deserves her personal attention, and processing the rest.
- Handle routine correspondence. Armed with a boss’s preferences, you could answer requests for meetings, time or donations, for example.
- Stamp out harassment without trampling on free speech
- Unions: Brace for renewed organizing in wake of union rift
- Employees reveal 6 most pressing workplace challenges
- If employee has authority to hire and fire, is he automatically eligible for exempt classification?
- Budget-minded ways to honor employees