Employees spend an average of 53 hours on the job each year resolving their families' legal issues, according to a new survey by Harris Interactive. The cost in lost productivity: $1,625 per employee.
One option: Add prepaid legal plans to your. The perk has been gaining popularity among big businesses, and now the industry is targeting smaller employers.
Employees typically pick up the cost, paying average premiums of $20 a month. In return, the worker gets a certain amount of free or fixed-cost legal services for such routine matters as real-estate closing, will preparation and consumer disputes.
For referrals and more details, contact the National Resource Center for Consumers of Legal Services at www.nrccls.org or (804) 693-9330.
The industry leaders include:
- Prepaid Legal Services Inc., www.prepaidlegal.com, (800) 654-7757.
- Hyatt Legal Plans, www.legalplans.com, (800) 423-0300.
- The ARAG Group, www.araggroup.com, (800) 888-4184.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- How closely can we monitor contractors without creating an employment relationship?
- Budget-minded ways to honor employees
- 'You Won't Work Sundays?!' EEOC Offers Guidance on Religious Accommodations
- Dimension Data employees have multiple choices for development