American workers are less confident than ever that they’ll be able to save enough to retire comfortably, according to a new study by theResearch Institute (EBRI).
Benefits professionals, take note: The finding means you have lots of work ahead of you to help employees meet their retirement goals.
The good news: A growing arsenal of online tools can make it easier for employees to take control of their retirement planning. Working with your benefits broker and retirement plan administrator, you can provide resources that will help employees save more.
That might help reverse a crisis of confidence that has left many employees afraid they’ll never be able to retire at all.
Not ready to retire
Only 13% of employees that EBRI surveyed said they are “very confident” they will have enough money to retire on. That’s the lowest percentage the research-focused organization has found in 21 years of measuring retireme...(register to read more)
- Bryant Transportation officials sued for unpaid insurance claims
- Are milk expression breaks mandatory?
- Employee recognition & rewards: 8 tips for managers
- How losing 100 pounds sent one employee over the edge (and other wellness best practices)
- Cutting health insurance costs by declining to cover contraception