The former acting head of Franklin County’s emergencyagency has filed federal sex discrimination and hostile work environment charges against the county, alleging her working conditions were so severe she developed a serious health condition that required medical leave.
Susan Dutko claims county officials retaliated against her because she filed two complaints, one with the Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission and another with the EEOC.
The conditions were so egregious, she claims, that she was forced to resign in July 2010. In addition to discrimination charges, her federal claim alleges retaliation for taking.
- Base light-duty policy on business necessity; enforce it consistently
- Lufkin ordered to pay $3 million in race bias suit
- Want arbitration agreement to stick? Get expert help, especially with translation
- You can remove injured worker for safety reasons
- Take the lead in identifying premises-liability risks