If you've just started surveying employees about job satisfaction and workplace improvements, the first surveys will show unusually low scores. That's because employees have lots of pent-up negative comments if they've never been asked before. Companies that conduct a repeat survey typically score 12 percent higher than the first survey, according to consulting firm HR Solutions Inc.
- Complaint policy ignored? You face punitive damages
- Use these 8 criteria for choosing an outsourcing consultant
- 10 ways Generation Y will change the workplace
- Wellness programs: Does your health-risk questionnaire violate the new genetic-bias law?
- Misconceptions about disabled employee's medical condition can spell ADA trouble