If you've just started surveying employees about job satisfaction and workplace improvements, the first surveys will show unusually low scores. That's because employees have lots of pent-up negative comments if they've never been asked before. Companies that conduct a repeat survey typically score 12 percent higher than the first survey, according to consulting firm HR Solutions Inc.
- Put muscle in your flex: Quit justifying, start implementing
- On-Site pharmacy kiosk pares lunchtime chore list
- How not to manage HR: Forget about formal hiring and promotions processes
- Follow all leads when investigating allegations--even if they take query in new direction
- 4 principles for creating a progressive discipline system