If you've just started surveying employees about job satisfaction and workplace improvements, the first surveys will show unusually low scores. That's because employees have lots of pent-up negative comments if they've never been asked before. Companies that conduct a repeat survey typically score 12 percent higher than the first survey, according to consulting firm HR Solutions Inc.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Survey: Most people come to HR careers by chance
- Document reason for termination to make sure courts don't second-guess your decision
- Use herd mentality to fire up the team
- Multistate businesses: Standardize your policies and supervisor training