If you've just started surveying employees about job satisfaction and workplace improvements, the first surveys will show unusually low scores. That's because employees have lots of pent-up negative comments if they've never been asked before. Companies that conduct a repeat survey typically score 12 percent higher than the first survey, according to consulting firm HR Solutions Inc.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- FMLA in a Nutshell: How to Comply With the Family and Medical Leave Act
- Can porn surfing be a 'disability'? Lessons from the IBM case
- FMLA? What's FMLA? ... Do Your Leaders Know their Employment-Law Basics?
- State pension data available online