Think you have issues with the IRS? At least you’re not Nicolas Cage, star of dozens of films, including the appropriately named “National Treasure.”
Update: By the latest count, Cage owes Uncle Sam approximately $14 million in back taxes relating to income from 2002, 2003, 2004 and 2007.
The actor just recently made a payment of $360,545. At least he’s trying.
Meanwhile, he is suing his former business manager, Samuel Levin, for $20 million. Cage claims Levin got him into this mess. The lawsuit states that Levin “lined his pockets with several million dollars in businessfees while sending Cage down a path toward financial ruin.”
Levin, who is countersuing, asserts that he tried to warn Cage about the dangers of his “compulsive, destructive spending,” and encouraged him to sell off 12 automobiles and a $1.6 million comic book collection.
Whatever you think of this guy’s financial woes, it seems like he can’t ca...(register to read more)
- Beware influence of biased supervisor when making termination decisions
- Rate of union membership fell in Pennsylvania in 2009
- Voluntary programs offer home, auto insurance discounts
- Supreme Court Rules on the Admissibility of 'Me Too' Testimony in Discrimination Cases
- Track all position openings and note who applies