If you don’t have a chance to personally observe an employee’s behavior, don’t rely solely on a supervisor’s termination recommendation. Instead, conduct an independent investigation to verify the supervisor’s claim. Otherwise, any employment decision based on that recommendation can be tainted by the supervisor’s hidden bias.
- Training, strong policies key to keeping workplace harassment-free
- Carefully account for all FMLA leave absences
- Keep employees growing ... so they won't leave
- Does the Florida Workers' Comp Law require pre-suit notice in retaliation cases?
- Workers' religious beliefs don't trump your need for a bias-free workplace