Would your boss say that you have a firm understanding of “big picture” strategy? Having a grip on your firm’s strategy will help you focus your energy on the right things and make the right decisions.
Test your knowledge of the big picture. Ask yourself these five questions, then ask your boss the same questions. Do your answers line up?
- Who are the customers or customer segments we serve, listed in priority order?
- What are the services we provide now and which ones, if any, need to change as we implement the current strategy?
- What is our value proposition and how does it set us apart in the marketplace?
- Which environmental trends and issues (such as market, economic, societal, political or environmental) are important to our strategy?
- What are three things our division is doing to support the strategy?
— Adapted from The Executive Guide to High-Impact Talent, Steve Trautman.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/14302/get-the-big-picture "