Issue: Employment practice liability insurance (EPLI) covers you from employee lawsuit judgments.
Benefit/risk: The jump in employee lawsuits is making EPLI a nearly must-have; so premiums are rising.
Action: Shop around. More insurers offer EPLI today, which means a wide variety on policies and quality.
The risk is real: Even if you draft airtight employment policies, an employee could sue you tomorrow ... and a jury may believe his story. That's why more companies are adding employment practices liability insurance (EPLI).
EPLI covers judgments relating to sexual harassment, discrimination,and other such employee wrongdoings.
Among the factors that affect your rate: number of employees, turnover ratio (especially the number of involuntary), whether your company has an HR department and your company's history of employment-related lawsuits.
A side benefit of EPLI: It can cut the potential ...(register to read more)
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Small Business Tax Deduction Strategies
- Asperger's syndrome may be an ADA disability
- Assigning unpleasant work isn't discrimination
- OK to insist on initial retirement request
- Should we change our policy to require that all harassment complaints be made in writing?