An arbitrator has awarded $1.2 million in back pay and damages to 19 former employees of Wurld Media, Inc.
The Saratoga Springs-based Internet startup, which marketed a product similar to iTunes, began having trouble making
The 19 former workers included the brother of one of the company founders. He received $207,153.
Founder Greg Kerber was convicted of grand larceny for stealing $32,000 in company assets to buy pizza, repair his car and hire a lawyer to defend him in a separate criminal case. Co-founder Richard Sexton was convicted of grand larceny in 2008 and is appealing his conviction.
- Learn the tax lay of the land, and turn casualty losses into tax gains
- Wring tax savings out of capital loss carryovers
- What kinds of employers does the Illinois Employee Classification Act cover?
- Occupy and tax Wall Street
- An hour of intermittent FMLA leave? A half hour? 15 minutes? How low can employees go?