Q. What payroll records must my company keep under North Carolina law?
A. Employer payroll records should include the following information for each employee for each workweek:
- Full name
- Home address and phone number
- Date of birth if under the age of 20
- Occupation or job title
- Time of day and day of the week that the employee’s workweek begins
- Regular rate of pay
- Hours worked each day
- Total hours worked each week
- Total straight time and overtime earnings each workweek
- Total additions to or deductions from wages each pay period
- Total gross wages paid each pay period
- Date of each payment.
You must retain required payroll records for at least three years. Most third-party payroll companies maintain this information for their employer clients.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/14205/requirements-for-maintaining-payroll-records "