• LinkedIn
  • YouTube
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Google+

Taxing health insurance of 2% S corp owner?

by on
in Office Management,Payroll Management,Small Business Tax

Question: The cost of health insurance premiums paid by an employer on behalf of 2% S corp shareholders is reported in Box 1 of their W-2s. Must we withhold federal income taxes on this amount, or can we report it without withholding taxes? If the premiums are subject to income tax withholding, may we treat them as noncash fringes?

Answer: Income tax withholding is required from these payments. And no, you can’t treat health care premium payments as noncash fringes. You must withhold taxes from the amounts paid to the insurer.

Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!

Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...

We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.

The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.

" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/14157/taxing-health-insurance-of-2-s-corp-owner "

Leave a Comment