• LinkedIn
  • YouTube
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Google+

How can we recoup money we overpaid worker?

by on
in Office Management,Payroll Management

Q. We pay most of our employees’ wages and salaries via direct deposit. Last week, two checks for the same pay period were deposited into an employee’s account. Can we legally have the bank withdraw the extra funds from the employee’s account?

A. Once the funds are deposited into the employee’s account, you no longer have control over them. The most prudent approach would be to ask the employee to either:

  • Refund the money
  • Consent in writing to have the amount deducted from future earnings.

If the employee refuses, you could take disciplinary action or sue to reclaim the overpaid wages.

Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!

Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...

We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.

The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.

" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/14134/how-can-we-recoup-money-we-overpaid-worker "

Leave a Comment