The 2010 Small Business Jobs Act doubles the penalty—now $100, up from $50—for each missing or incorrect 2010 Form W-2 that is filed or corrected after Aug. 1, 2011. Maximum penalty: $1.5 million.
Incorrect W-2s are corrected by filing Forms W-2c with the Social Security Administration.
- Supreme Court nominee Sotomayor brings balanced employment law perspective
- Title VII's silence on gay bias doesn't give OK to discriminate
- You can punish employees for improperly sharing salary information—in some cases
- How long must we retain the records on former employees?
- New arbitration pacts should cover 'Old' job disputes