The 2010 Small Business Jobs Act doubles the penalty—now $100, up from $50—for each missing or incorrect 2010 Form W-2 that is filed or corrected after Aug. 1, 2011. Maximum penalty: $1.5 million.
Incorrect W-2s are corrected by filing Forms W-2c with the Social Security Administration.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Expect new OSHA heat if your injury rate is higher than average
- Made a mistake? Fix it fast to avoid liability
- The case of the disappearing employee, whose leaves leave us struggling
- Long Island caterer ordered to serve up audited financials