At some point, it will happen: Suddenly you’ll find yourself face-to-face with the company CEO, with a few brief minutes to make your best impression.
What will you say? Here’s fodder for just those occasions:
- What are some ways you’ve found to handle a busy schedule?
- Is there someone you credit with helping you be successful?
- What’s been the most rewarding thing about your job?
- What was your first job? What was the best/worst thing about it?
- Is there anything in your career that you would do differently?
— Adapted from “How to Talk to a Company VIP,” Anita Bruzzesse, On the Job.