Deloitte managers are getting to know potential new hires far away from the interview table.
For the fourth time, the financial consulting firm teamed with United Way and Teach For America this spring to host an “alternative spring break,” a program for college students to volunteer alongside Deloitte employees to help low-income children prepare for college and work.
Deloitte will hire 5,400 new graduates this year. The program, called “Maximum Impact,” helps managers identify and connect with high-potential undergraduate candidates early in their college careers.
It also teaches the students about careers in professional services and the importance of giving back to the community, as Deloitte professionals get to know the recruits in an informal setting.
Contact: Courtney Flaherty, (203) 905-2708.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Does this person have a case? We withdrew an offer after she quit her old job and moved
- What to do when you suspect employee theft
- 9 top year-end tax strategies for small business owners
- Supreme Court nominee Sotomayor brings balanced employment law perspective