A Michigan auto supplier, Freudenberg-NOK, launched a Walk forthat rewards employees for reaching walking and other exercise goals. After hitting 20-, 50- and 100-mile increments, employees receive prizes such as pedometers and CD players.
A World Health Organization report says physically active employees can save a company $500 per worker each year in health costs.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- HR and the bailout: Bill includes key mental health coverage
- Get ready for the IRS employment-tax audit blitz starting in February
- Rid absence policy of risky doublespeak
- Personnel records: What to store, when to shred ... and 7 laws you must comply with