A Michigan auto supplier, Freudenberg-NOK, launched a Walk forthat rewards employees for reaching walking and other exercise goals. After hitting 20-, 50- and 100-mile increments, employees receive prizes such as pedometers and CD players.
A World Health Organization report says physically active employees can save a company $500 per worker each year in health costs.
- How employers can respond to increasingly stressed workers
- Offer voluntary benefits? Keep 'distance' from vendors
- With Obama's appointments, a new course for NLRB?
- Wellness programs: Does your health-risk questionnaire violate the new genetic-bias law?
- Daimler Truck workers get federal unemployment assistance