A Michigan auto supplier, Freudenberg-NOK, launched a Walk forthat rewards employees for reaching walking and other exercise goals. After hitting 20-, 50- and 100-mile increments, employees receive prizes such as pedometers and CD players.
A World Health Organization report says physically active employees can save a company $500 per worker each year in health costs.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- This cup's for you: The right way to test for drugs
- What must we do to accommodate a nursing mother in our workplace?
- Q&A: Thanks for the two-Week notice ... Now clean out your desk
- 12 tips to help employees handle the stress of tough times