A Michigan auto supplier, Freudenberg-NOK, launched a Walk forthat rewards employees for reaching walking and other exercise goals. After hitting 20-, 50- and 100-mile increments, employees receive prizes such as pedometers and CD players.
A World Health Organization report says physically active employees can save a company $500 per worker each year in health costs.
- Changes in benefits? Make sure employees on military leave get written notice, too
- Proving the ROI of wellness programs just got easier
- Focus on employee retention now; don't wait for economic rebirth
- Helping your sick parent without jeopardizing your career
- Can severance agreement rule out seeking unemployment comp?