Last month's blackout in the Northeast proved that company emergency-response plans must prepare for all types of disasters. Here are some online sources to help you review your plan: the Society for Human Resourceoffers a toolkit of resources at www.shrm.org/hrtools/toolkits/emergencyresponse.asp; the U.S. government offers a free online booklet, Emergency Management Guide for Business & Industry, at www.fema.gov/library/bizindex. shtm; and OSHA's site offers a good emergency-preparedness section at www.osha-slc.gov/SLTC/emergencypreparedness.
- What are the pros and cons of prohibiting workplace photography?
- Can a small employer deny leave to an employee whose spouse is seriously ill?
- Employees destroyed evidence? You can use it against them
- Travel time pay--Your questions answered
- 11th Circuit opens door for wide discretion when trial courts set remedies in bias cases