Last month's blackout in the Northeast proved that company emergency-response plans must prepare for all types of disasters. Here are some online sources to help you review your plan: the Society for Human Resourceoffers a toolkit of resources at www.shrm.org/hrtools/toolkits/emergencyresponse.asp; the U.S. government offers a free online booklet, Emergency Management Guide for Business & Industry, at www.fema.gov/library/bizindex. shtm; and OSHA's site offers a good emergency-preparedness section at www.osha-slc.gov/SLTC/emergencypreparedness.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- Do annual reviews work? A case study, success story & interview
- NLRB on social media: Facebook firing didn't break law
- Employees at Harley-Davidson's York Facility End Two-Week Strike
- The jobs that drive people to drink (and get high)