Q. We typically don't post high-level
A. While no law specifically requires that you post all vacant jobs in a particular way, failing to post vacancies internally opens the door to “glass ceiling” discrimination claims. That's especially true if your practice of not posting vacancies has resulted in a relatively homogeneous group of high-level managers.
Best bet: Cut the chances of legal trouble by regularly posting all job vacancies on-site.
- Retaliation claim doesn't win if it's filed in wrong court
- Good-faith treatment for all is good policy, and good protection against lawsuits, too
- Turbocharge your partnership with the boss
- The 5 worst interview questions & what to ask instead
- Feel free to offer constructive criticism when evaluating employees--even good ones