1. Of these three discrimination categories, which generated the most employee complaints to the EEOC in 2010?
b. Equal Pay Act
c. National origin
2. The National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) ruled last month that it’s lawful for a union group to do what outside of a targeted company?
a. Hand out pamphlets to employees leaving the building
b. Use a megaphone to protest company execs
c. Display a 16-foot-tall inflatable rat
3. When employees are terminated, federal law says they must be given their final paycheck within:
a. 48 hours of the termination
b. 7 days of the termination
c. Federal law is silent on the issue but some states set such laws
4. The Supreme Court recently ruled that employers have the right to include what in their arbitration agreements with employees?
a. Language that extends the arbitration to three years after termination
b. Waivers that require arbitration of class-action claims
c. Waivers that require arbitration of lawsuits by family members
5. How many states prohibit employment discrimination based on a person’s sexual orientation?
6. President Obama signed a bill that repeals a controversial provision in his health care plan that would have expanded employers’ reporting duties for:
a. I-9 forms
b. 1099 forms
c. W-2 forms
Sources: 1. EEOC; 2. NLRB; 3. U.S. Department of Labor; 4. The HR Specialist; 5. Human Rights Campaign; 6. The HR Specialist.
Answers: 1. c 2. c 3. c 4. b 5. a 6. b
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/14021/the-hr-iq-test-july-11 "
- Take same-race discrimination complaints seriously
- Make firing decisions locally so possible lawsuit can't morph into something larger
- Navigating the complexities of a layoff to avoid unnecessary risks
- Management Circa 1943: Is Your Workplace Still Stuck There?
- Avoid equal pay suit by comparing employees' duties, not titles