Of the millions of iPhone 4 (and iPhone 3GS) users in the United States, most are unaware of the advanced shortcuts that can make them more efficient. Here are six ways to boost your productivity:
1. Activate Voice Control by pressing and holding the “home” button. Once activated, you can use Voice Control to make a call (Dial “202-555-0000”), play a song (“Play artist Dave Brubeck”) or find out the time (“What time is it?”).
2. Speed up your online search. Normally, to launch a browser, you wait, then enter the search term, then launch your search.
But there’s a faster way. When your home screen first appears, swipe from left to right across the window to pull up a search screen.
Enter your search term, then hit “Search the Web” or “Search Wikipedia.” No need to launch a browser.
Your iPhone is a powerful business tool. But are you really getting the most from it? Which of the more than 150,000 iPhone apps are truly helpful? How can you organize apps? And what about editing and printing from your iPhone? Get all these answers and more during our interactive webinar: Unleash the Power of Your iPhone
3. Save an image from a web site by simply tapping and holding your finger on an image until you see buttons pop up saying “Save Image” and “Copy.” The captured picture goes into your camera roll.
4. Locate a keyword on a web page by using the “Google” field on Safari. Type in the word you’re looking for. A list of search options appears, including “On This Page.” Tap that, and you can see where that term appears on the page you’re viewing.
5. Undo what you just typed by shaking your iPhone. (Remember your Etch A Sketch toy?)
6. Restart a sluggish iPhone by holding down the “home” button and “sleep” button. To complete this “hard reset,” continue holding until the phone restarts and displays the Apple logo.
— Adapted from “16 Tips to Take Your iPhone to the Next Level,” Sam Grobart, The New York Times.
In Business Management Daily's new interactive webinar Unleash the Power of Your iPhone, Kimberly Deas will teach you the tricks of taking control of your iPhone. Join us June 21 to discover some of the most powerful features and apps on the market.
We’ll show you:
- Everything you need to know in 75 minutes to supercharge your iPhone including little-known settings, powerful features, and productivity apps that will “wow” you.
- The insider's guide to your iPhone to upgrade the way you manage your contacts, detail connecting to social media tools, video calling, even prioritizing voice mails. We will have your iPhone working harder so you don't have to.
- A list of the 10 must-have iPhone apps, including how to easily install, manage and use them, all chosen to make you more productive and efficient at the office and away from the office.
You’ll discover ways to use your iPhone that will have you wondering how you lived without them!
- Easy-to-implement tips and tricks to help you get the most out of your iPhone.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/13809/give-your-iphone-a-productivity-boost "