On average, U.S. workers took only 14 of the 18 vacation days they earned last year, a total of 448 million unused days—worth $67.5 billion. French workers, on the other hand, were much more thorough when using their off hours. They took 35 of the 37 vacation days they were due.
The unused leave stats were uncovered by travel company Expedia.com, which presumably wants everyone to use all of their vacation time.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Regardless of age, we're mostly conservative retirement investors
- Settlement deal required resignation? No unemployment benefits for former employee
- Supreme Court OKs religious exemption to birth-control mandate
- Sheetz opens wellness center for Pennsylvania employees