The maker of Clearasil, Lysol and Woolite doesn’t market to young adults just so they will use its household, health and personal-care products. Its new multi-country, multibillion-dollar campaign is designed to create awareness of its corporate brand so young people will want to work there.
Reckitt Benckiser is the parent organization of the companies that make Airwick, Durex, Mucinex, French’s and other well-known brands. Its online and on-campus campaign covers 10 markets worldwide: Australia, Brazil, France, Germany, India, Italy, Pakistan, Russia, the United Kingdom and the United States.
The effort centers on using mobile phone and Internet technology to reach potential young employees. Last year, the company successfully recruited new graduates with its “poweRBrands” game, in which players entered a fast-moving consumer goods company and rose through the ranks to eventually become global president.
Based in the United Kingdom, the company employs about 25,000 people worldwide.
Contact: Sabrina Michaeli, (212) 601-8163.
- Law requires drug and alcohol tests for contract van drivers of rail crews
- Preference for religion may be illegal discrimination, too
- Can we demand a polygraph test to identify theft suspects?
- Supremes start work: 3 employment law cases on High Court docket this year
- How to handle disabled applicants who bring a 'Job coach' to the interview