The maker of Clearasil, Lysol and Woolite doesn’t market to young adults just so they will use its household, health and personal-care products. Its new multi-country, multibillion-dollar campaign is designed to create awareness of its corporate brand so young people will want to work there.
Reckitt Benckiser is the parent organization of the companies that make Airwick, Durex, Mucinex, French’s and other well-known brands. Its online and on-campus campaign covers 10 markets worldwide: Australia, Brazil, France, Germany, India, Italy, Pakistan, Russia, the United Kingdom and the United States.
The effort centers on using mobile phone and Internet technology to reach potential young employees. Last year, the company successfully recruited new graduates with its “poweRBrands” game, in which players entered a fast-moving consumer goods company and rose through the ranks to eventually become global president.
Based in the United Kingdom, the company employs about 25,000 people worldwide.
Contact: Sabrina Michaeli, (212) 601-8163.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Supervisor's ignorance of the law isn't enough to justify punitive damages award
- Will we run into legal trouble if we commit to hiring only 'careful' workers?
- Office business manager: Exempt or nonexempt?
- How to comply with DOT's new workplace drug-testing regulations