While you may be the one hearing the cries of the underpaid, a majority of American workers (60%) believe they are paid fairly, says a survey of 1,000 U.S. workers by HR consultant Kenexa.
Just over one-third (37%) feel they’re underpaid and only 2% feel they’re overpaid. Women are more likely than men to feel underpaid (43% versus 32%), as are unmarried people compared with workers who are married.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- State unemployment reforms to take effect July 1
- Use tip credit for some pay? Beware requiring 'substantial' work that doesn't generate tips
- Consider phased retirement process to retain expertise
- Partners paid hourly aren't exempt for the UC system