While you may be the one hearing the cries of the underpaid, a majority of American workers (60%) believe they are paid fairly, says a survey of 1,000 U.S. workers by HR consultant Kenexa.
Just over one-third (37%) feel they’re underpaid and only 2% feel they’re overpaid. Women are more likely than men to feel underpaid (43% versus 32%), as are unmarried people compared with workers who are married.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- How should we pay nonexempt telecommuter?
- Can we use a tip credit to make sure our employees make at least the minimum wage?
- Strict attendance policy is fine if followed consistently
- Benefits: 2014 tax code favors car commuting over mass transit