Let’s take a look at one of the most common types of graphical representations, organizational charts.
1. From the Insert tab, and the Illustrations group, choose SmartArt.
2. Choose the Hierarchy category and choose the Organization Chart diagram.
3. Enter the information in the “Type your text here” area.
4. To “demote” a level, press your tab key.
5. Use the SmartArt Tools Design tab to alter the colors and appearance of your diagram.
A cool trick in PowerPoint® is to convert a set of bullet points into SmartArt. Just select your bullet points and right clock. Choose Convert to SmartArt. That’s it!