A new PricewaterhouseCoopers survey of 1,700 employers says employer health costs are predicted to rise 8.5% in 2012.
Employers say they’ll lessen that burden by pushing more costs onto employees through higher co-pays, increased deductibles and making out-of-network care less financially attractive for employees. The survey says 28% of employers will have deductibles of $1,000 or greater for in-network care next year, up from 11% in 2009.
- Deferred-Comp plans must comply with new rules starting Jan. 1
- Michigan employers targeted for independent-Contractor audits
- How should we handle partial days off for our salaried business manager?
- Uncle Sam is getting rich on 401(k) withdrawals
- New California rules for commission compensation contracts