Have you ever searched Twitter for the term “”? You’ll find some interesting interpretations on how people use their “family” or “medical” time off. Chicago law firm Franczek Radelet PC collected these recent tweets:
- “FMLA has been approved yesss<yesss—we can leave early friday—Imao!!"
- “I should not be allowed to drink and tweet! But fmla is a new version to fml—the a is for alot!”
- “Hey hey hey! I may have to “manage my time” with a lil fmla today.”
- “PopeyesChicken is going bankrupt! I will take FMLA at work for that!”
- “I have PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder), so under FMLA I can call in/go home when I need to. I can say sex calms me, and I’m going home to have sex.”
Tip: Remember,give you the right to demand recertification if you “receive information that casts doubt upon the employee’s stated reason for the absence or the continuing validity of the certification.”
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/13511/twittering-away-the-day-on-fmla "