1. Only 2% of Americans believe they are overpaid at their jobs. What percentage of people believe they are underpaid?
2. Which group has resumed sending employers “no match letters” that question an employee’s eligibility to work in the United States?
a. U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services
b. Social Security Administration
c. The AFL-CIO
3. A new health care benchmarking study by Towers Watson says annual costs per active employee will rise how much from 2010 to 2011?
a. 7.6% ($10,387 to $11,176 in 2011)
b. 11.9% ($11,131 to $12,463)
c. 5.4% ($10,387 to $10,949)
4. What do working Americans say are the top two factors that have the most effect on their job security?
a. Own job performance, U.S. economy
b. Own job performance, relationship with boss
c. U.S. economy, relationship with boss
5. In March, the EEOC issued final regulations to _______ , which experts say will likely lead to more disability-rights lawsuits.
a. Title VII of the Civil Rights Act
b. The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
c. The Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA)
Sources: 1. Kenexa survey; 2. SSA.gov; 3. Towers Watson study; 4. Kenexa survey; 5. EEOC.
Answers: 1. b 2. b 3. a 4. a 5. c
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Must we pursue reasonable accommodation if employee could never return to work?
- Texas Law on Employment Discrimination for Participating in Emergency Evacuation
- Tab tops $60,000 in firing of pregnant bartender
- Don't ask workers to waive past or future FMLA claims