1. Only 2% of Americans believe they are overpaid at their jobs. What percentage of people believe they are underpaid?
2. Which group has resumed sending employers “no match letters” that question an employee’s eligibility to work in the United States?
a. U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services
b. Social Security Administration
c. The AFL-CIO
3. A new health care benchmarking study by Towers Watson says annual costs per active employee will rise how much from 2010 to 2011?
a. 7.6% ($10,387 to $11,176 in 2011)
b. 11.9% ($11,131 to $12,463)
c. 5.4% ($10,387 to $10,949)
4. What do working Americans say are the top two factors that have the most effect on their job security?
a. Own job performance, U.S. economy
b. Own job performance, relationship with boss
c. U.S. economy, relationship with boss
5. In March, the EEOC issued final regulations to _______ , which experts say will likely lead to more disability-rights lawsuits.
a. Title VII of the Civil Rights Act
b. The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
c. The Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA)
Sources: 1. Kenexa survey; 2. SSA.gov; 3. Towers Watson study; 4. Kenexa survey; 5. EEOC.
Answers: 1. b 2. b 3. a 4. a 5. c
- Courts losing patience with frivolous suits—and asking failed litigants to pay up
- Texas court: Prisoners aren't entitled to the minimum wage
- Ledbetter Fair Pay Act may apply to pending cases, too
- Remind retirement plan participants: Don't neglect stock investments
- Build a Sturdy 'Escape Hatch' Into Your Organization's Discipline Policy