More employers are offering to let workers collect their pay on reloadable, prepaid bank cards. The cards allow workers to make purchases anywhere they can use credit or debit cards, plus get cash at ATMs. Many card services provide checking accounts that employees can use to facilitate online bill paying.
But know your state law: Most states prohibit employers from mandating that workers receive pay electronically. Similarly, only a few states let employers mandate direct deposit. To learn the law in states where you operate, go to www.theHRSpecialist.com/epaylaws.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Attempted suicide: Proof of disability ... or grounds for dismissal?
- Make sure bosses tell employees how to report harassment
- ADA accommodation may not be possible, but explore the options
- Making paycheck deductions in New York is dangerous business