The U.S. Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) recently hailed the “halfway point in a remarkable journey” as more than 25 states now have laws prohibiting smoking in workplaces, restaurants and bars. Ten states have laws prohibiting smoking in one or two of those categories. Many cities and counties have their own laws.
The CDC is pushing more state and local governments to enact total workplace smoking bans.
Find a link to all state smoking laws at www.theHRSpecialist.com/smokinglaws.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- OT rules on hold: What might happen next?
- What if employees balk at new mandatory arbitration procedure?
- Jailhouse sex, alleged pay-back lead to lawsuit in Caldwell
- Good news: Employees have just two years to file sales commission complaints