The U.S. Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) recently hailed the “halfway point in a remarkable journey” as more than 25 states now have laws prohibiting smoking in workplaces, restaurants and bars. Ten states have laws prohibiting smoking in one or two of those categories. Many cities and counties have their own laws.
The CDC is pushing more state and local governments to enact total workplace smoking bans.
Find a link to all state smoking laws at www.theHRSpecialist.com/smokinglaws.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- How to craft noncompete agreements that work under Georgia law
- Title VII doesn't protect employees who complain about discrimination against customers
- When employee sues for discrimination, be prepared to show your processes are solid
- 'Boys will be boys' won't excuse harassment