The U.S. Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) recently hailed the “halfway point in a remarkable journey” as more than 25 states now have laws prohibiting smoking in workplaces, restaurants and bars. Ten states have laws prohibiting smoking in one or two of those categories. Many cities and counties have their own laws.
The CDC is pushing more state and local governments to enact total workplace smoking bans.
Find a link to all state smoking laws at www.theHRSpecialist.com/smokinglaws.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Public employers: Beware association discrimination
- Organized labor at your doorstep? Don't grill employees about their union support
- Feds push back deadline for reporting payments to Medicare beneficiaries
- Supreme Court to hear key age-discrimination case next term