The U.S. Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) recently hailed the “halfway point in a remarkable journey” as more than 25 states now have laws prohibiting smoking in workplaces, restaurants and bars. Ten states have laws prohibiting smoking in one or two of those categories. Many cities and counties have their own laws.
The CDC is pushing more state and local governments to enact total workplace smoking bans.
Find a link to all state smoking laws at www.theHRSpecialist.com/smokinglaws.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Employee or independent contractor? Get it right
- New USERRA poster released, but replacing your old poster isn't required
- Have a sick leave bank? Make it accessible to all who qualify
- Note to supervisors: No comments about religion and work