The good news: Some basic training and monitoring can prepare you to ward off the slings and arrows of an enemy attorney. Here are 10 weak spots that opposing attorneys will exploit to discredit you. Use them as a checklist for preventing a credibility attack.
1. Being unfamiliar with our policies and procedures. A jury will view your lack of knowledge as uncaring and lax, at best: purposeful and negligent, at worst. After all, how can you enforce policies that you don't even know yourself?
2. Sloppy documentation. Most discrimination cases aren't won with "smoking gun" evidence. They're prove...(register to read more)
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- Warn managers and supervisors: Never suggest that employees' kids get in the way of work
- Firing workers who take FMLA leave? Do it carefully
- Crude comments aren't always harassment
- 3 ways to help you land that job