The good news: Some basic training and monitoring can prepare you to ward off the slings and arrows of an enemy attorney. Here are 10 weak spots that opposing attorneys will exploit to discredit you. Use them as a checklist for preventing a credibility attack.
1. Being unfamiliar with our policies and procedures. A jury will view your lack of knowledge as uncaring and lax, at best: purposeful and negligent, at worst. After all, how can you enforce policies that you don't even know yourself?
2. Sloppy documentation. Most discrimination cases aren't won with "smoking gun" evidence. They're prove...(register to read more)
- Getting legal advice? Be prepared to show court the details
- Don't let fear prevent firing of whistle-blower: Your complete records will back you up
- Supreme Court to decide: Does severance count as wages?
- Greece Central School District settles age discrimination lawsuit
- Employee alleges hostile environment? Act fast to identify culprits, repair damage