The good news: Some basic training and monitoring can prepare you to ward off the slings and arrows of an enemy attorney. Here are 10 weak spots that opposing attorneys will exploit to discredit you. Use them as a checklist for preventing a credibility attack.
1. Being unfamiliar with our policies and procedures. A jury will view your lack of knowledge as uncaring and lax, at best: purposeful and negligent, at worst. After all, how can you enforce policies that you don't even know yourself?
2. Sloppy documentation. Most discrimination cases aren't won with "smoking gun" evidence. They're prove...(register to read more)
- Police called in response to workplace harassment? You must still act to stop future incidents
- Different employee races alone aren't enough to support a race discrimination lawsuit
- HR must step up as economy takes a tumble
- Don't drag your feet on employees' accommodation requests
- Duke Energy settles suit