1. What new initiative did the Obama administration announce in January to crack down on employers’ use of undocumented workers?
a. A redesign of the Form I-9 to clarify employer responsibilities and liability risks
b. A new national Employment Compliance Inspection Center to check I-9s
c. A limit on the number of acceptable documents for completing the I-9
2. Number of states that increased their unemployment insurance (UI) rate for employers in 2010:
a. 18 b. 34 c. 45
3. The Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA) says that when reservists return from active-duty tours of less than __ year(s), you must re-employ them to their old jobs or an equal job.
a. 1 b. 3 c. 5
4. When asked to rate the performance of their immediate supervisor and the company’s CEO, what percentage say each is doing a “good” job?
a. 74% for CEO, 58% for supervisor
b. 72% for supervisor, 62% for CEO
c. 52% for CEO, 44% for supervisor
5. Which industry experienced the highest rate of job cuts last year?
6. What do 72% of American workers do on days that they are sick:
a. Stay in bed
b. Go shopping
c. Go to work
Sources: 1. Department of Homeland Security; 2. SHRM; 3. DOL.gov; 4. APCO Worldwide survey; 5. Challenger, Gray & Christmas report; 6. CareerBuilder.com survey.
Answers: 1. b 2. c 3. c 4. b 5. a 6. c
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/13391/the-hr-iq-test-march-11 "