If your managers and supervisors respond to reference-check calls by offering negative information, they may be setting the company up for a lawsuit. That’s why the best practice is to refer all calls for reference checks to HR. Then, provide only the most basic information.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- OSHA suspects underreporting of work injuries; launches new audit program to find true numbers
- Texas AG lawyer blows whistle on hostile work environment
- Your ability to block e-mail from angry ex-employees just got harder
- Employees comparing pay? Don't try to muzzle them