If your managers and supervisors respond to reference-check calls by offering negative information, they may be setting the company up for a lawsuit. That’s why the best practice is to refer all calls for reference checks to HR. Then, provide only the most basic information.
- Know the risks of DOL's new time sheet app
- Alert managers to new personal liability risks
- Beware 'aggravated misconduct' firings--unemployment benefits hang in the balance
- Don't let fear prevent firing of whistle-blower: Your complete records will back you up
- Is it legally risky to refuse to hire people who have been arrested?