If your managers and supervisors respond to reference-check calls by offering negative information, they may be setting the company up for a lawsuit. That’s why the best practice is to refer all calls for reference checks to HR. Then, provide only the most basic information.
- Don't let FMLA status keep you from firing lousy employee
- 'Hey, lady! That's a man's job!'
- Showing restraint: Ensuring worker safety with workplace protective orders
- Sick pay after suspension doesn't count against unemployment
- Train employees to avoid pestering workers who file lawsuits or in-house complaints