If your managers and supervisors respond to reference-check calls by offering negative information, they may be setting the company up for a lawsuit. That’s why the best practice is to refer all calls for reference checks to HR. Then, provide only the most basic information.
- Get expert legal advice to make sure arbitration agreements are valid and enforceable
- Beware unintended consequence of staff realignments: More retaliation suits
- Writing performance reviews: What NOT to say
- California federal court rules: Government agency must insure employee's same-sex spouse
- Balance FMLA and ADA rights to avoid potential trouble