If your managers and supervisors respond to reference-check calls by offering negative information, they may be setting the company up for a lawsuit. That’s why the best practice is to refer all calls for reference checks to HR. Then, provide only the most basic information.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Employee quits, then emails docs to herself? That's not theft, but may be something more
- OSHA finds violations at St. Cloud veterans facility
- Evacuation plan? New guide helps you avoid ADA complaints
- NLRB okays inflatable rat in protests at Brandon hospital