by Jeff Schwartz
The challenges facing HR pros who specialize in talent, compensation and benefits are dramatically different today than they were just a year ago. There has been significant movement in business priorities—and talent priorities.
At Deloitte Consulting, we call it “the talent paradox.” Quite simply, this is the apparent contradiction that occurs when unemployment is still relatively high, yet companies still are seeing significant shortages in critical talent areas. That trend will continue.
Yes, lots of people are looking for jobs. But there’s a mismatch between the hard-to-find skills employers need and the talent the marketplace can offer.
People with in-demand skills are exploring the job market. Just a year ago, organizations were laying off workers by the dozen. Now, critical talent is on the move, by choice. Some of that talent might even live in your own shop.
You’re probably seeing more voluntary tur...(register to read more)
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- Small Business Tax Deduction Strategies
- How to manage (and explain) pay-for-performance plans
- Last word on severance
- A road warrior's gold travel tips
- Manager's Checkup: How well do you handle crises?