If your receipts still display customers' full credit card numbers, alert your top brass to a new law change: The renewed(FCRA) requires business receipts to display no more than the last five digits for credit card and debit card numbers. Receipts also can't show card expiration dates. Cash registers in use before Jan. 1, 2005, must comply with the law within three years. Machines put in service after that date have a year to comply.
- Background check into workers' comp claims isn't subject to Fair Credit Reporting Act
- How should we handle a deceased worker's e-mail?
- Schwarzenegger vetoes applicant credit report ban
- Negligent hiring: Take proper steps to avoid the costly pitfall
- Lost in MySpace: Know the law before searching web for applicant info