If your receipts still display customers' full credit card numbers, alert your top brass to a new law change: The renewed(FCRA) requires business receipts to display no more than the last five digits for credit card and debit card numbers. Receipts also can't show card expiration dates. Cash registers in use before Jan. 1, 2005, must comply with the law within three years. Machines put in service after that date have a year to comply.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Reference checking: Gaining information from past employers
- No more credit checks for many New York City job applicants
- Expunged convictions set hidden trap for Illinois employers
- Hiring licensed applicants? Check for violations that revoke the license