If your receipts still display customers' full credit card numbers, alert your top brass to a new law change: The renewed(FCRA) requires business receipts to display no more than the last five digits for credit card and debit card numbers. Receipts also can't show card expiration dates. Cash registers in use before Jan. 1, 2005, must comply with the law within three years. Machines put in service after that date have a year to comply.
- Using the Supreme Court's model to prevent employment lawsuits
- EEOC urges caution on criminal background checks
- Guard HR records, the No. 1 source of identity theft
- Protect your company from well-intentioned ID theft laws
- Can we ask applicants about criminal convictions? What can we do with that information?