If your receipts still display customers' full credit card numbers, alert your top brass to a new law change: The renewed(FCRA) requires business receipts to display no more than the last five digits for credit card and debit card numbers. Receipts also can't show card expiration dates. Cash registers in use before Jan. 1, 2005, must comply with the law within three years. Machines put in service after that date have a year to comply.
- Background check into workers' comp claims isn't subject to Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Can I terminate a cashier who just filed for bankruptcy?
- What are the pitfalls of conducting background investigations on job applicants?
- Georgia Crime Information Center an invaluable tool for employers
- Background Check Guidelines: How to comply with the Fair Credit Reporting Act and avoid lawsuits