If your receipts still display customers' full credit card numbers, alert your top brass to a new law change: The renewed(FCRA) requires business receipts to display no more than the last five digits for credit card and debit card numbers. Receipts also can't show card expiration dates. Cash registers in use before Jan. 1, 2005, must comply with the law within three years. Machines put in service after that date have a year to comply.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/1330/do-your-paper-receipts-comply-with-new-law "
- It's essential to follow AG's rules for disciplining police officers
- Save medical exams for last step in pre-hire screening
- Fair Credit Reporting Act doesn't apply to complaints that lead to firing
- Check your hiring practices! EEOC takes aim at systemic bias
- Avoid the legal risks lurking in your job applications