If your receipts still display customers' full credit card numbers, alert your top brass to a new law change: The renewed(FCRA) requires business receipts to display no more than the last five digits for credit card and debit card numbers. Receipts also can't show card expiration dates. Cash registers in use before Jan. 1, 2005, must comply with the law within three years. Machines put in service after that date have a year to comply.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Pre-Employment tests: Do yours meet the new EEOC guidelines?
- Even if offer is for 'at-will' job, beware making promises you're not prepared to keep
- Health care reforms: Which parts take effect this year?
- Job applications: what to include, what to leave out