If your receipts still display customers' full credit card numbers, alert your top brass to a new law change: The renewed(FCRA) requires business receipts to display no more than the last five digits for credit card and debit card numbers. Receipts also can't show card expiration dates. Cash registers in use before Jan. 1, 2005, must comply with the law within three years. Machines put in service after that date have a year to comply.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 'One-Man death squad' headed Palisades nuclear plant security
- Luxury hotelier hit with $2 million tab for immigration violations
- Check backgrounds to cut harassment liability
- Background check isn't enough; tight supervision keeps liability at bay