1. In a new CareerBuilder study on workaholics, what percentage of U.S. workers reported that they’d rather be working than at home?
a. 8% b. 15% c. 22%
2. What are the top three jobs, in order, in which employees most frequently report episodes of clinical depression?
a. Salespeople, artists, nursing home/child care worker
b. Foodservice worker, teacher, artist
c. Nursing home/child care worker, foodservice worker, social worker
3. The most expensive Broadway musical ever, Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark, got into trouble with which federal agency recently?
a. DOL: Assigning unpaid “interns” as extras
b. IRS: Failing to pay employment taxes for crew
c. OSHA: Unsafe conditions after a series of accidents to the cast
4. The tax law signed by President Obama just before Christmas changed the Social Security tax in what way?
a. Reduced from 6.2% to 4.2% for 2011
b. Reduced from 6.2% to 5.2% for first half of year, then to 4.2% for second half
c. Reduced from 6.2% to 4.2% for 2011 and 2012
5. The same tax bill said employees can receive (and employers can deduct) up to ______ tax-free from an employer plan to pay for higher-education expenses.
a. $2,000 b. $5,250 c. $7,585
6. A global study found that workers around the world expect to retire, on average, at age 61. What age, on average, do Americans expect to retire?
a. 61 b. 63 c. 66
Sources: 1. CareerBuilder; 2. Health magazine survey; 3. The New York Times; 4. WhiteHouse.gov; 5. WhiteHouse.gov; 6. AXA Equitable survey
Answers: 1. B 2. C 3. C 4. A 5. B 6. B
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/13224/the-hr-iq-test-february-11 "