1. In a new CareerBuilder study on workaholics, what percentage of U.S. workers reported that they’d rather be working than at home?
a. 8% b. 15% c. 22%
2. What are the top three jobs, in order, in which employees most frequently report episodes of clinical depression?
a. Salespeople, artists, nursing home/child care worker
b. Foodservice worker, teacher, artist
c. Nursing home/child care worker, foodservice worker, social worker
3. The most expensive Broadway musical ever, Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark, got into trouble with which federal agency recently?
a. DOL: Assigning unpaid “interns” as extras
b. IRS: Failing to pay employment taxes for crew
c. OSHA: Unsafe conditions after a series of accidents to the cast
4. The tax law signed by President Obama just before Christmas changed the Social Security tax in what way?
a. Reduced from 6.2% to 4.2% for 2011
b. Reduced from 6.2% to 5.2% for first half of year, then to 4.2% for second half
c. Reduced from 6.2% to 4.2% for 2011 and 2012
5. The same tax bill said employees can receive (and employers can deduct) up to ______ tax-free from an employer plan to pay for higher-education expenses.
a. $2,000 b. $5,250 c. $7,585
6. A global study found that workers around the world expect to retire, on average, at age 61. What age, on average, do Americans expect to retire?
a. 61 b. 63 c. 66
Sources: 1. CareerBuilder; 2. Health magazine survey; 3. The New York Times; 4. WhiteHouse.gov; 5. WhiteHouse.gov; 6. AXA Equitable survey
Answers: 1. B 2. C 3. C 4. A 5. B 6. B
- EEOC sues Safelite Glass for sexual harassment
- How not to handle FMLA leave (Hint: Following the law isn't optional!)
- Employee wants an ergonomic desk: Does ADA require that we provide it?
- Make sure employees understand policy and process for reporting sexual harassment
- Use patience when disciplining employee who requested FMLA leave