1. In a new CareerBuilder study on workaholics, what percentage of U.S. workers reported that they’d rather be working than at home?
a. 8% b. 15% c. 22%
2. What are the top three jobs, in order, in which employees most frequently report episodes of clinical depression?
a. Salespeople, artists, nursing home/child care worker
b. Foodservice worker, teacher, artist
c. Nursing home/child care worker, foodservice worker, social worker
3. The most expensive Broadway musical ever, Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark, got into trouble with which federal agency recently?
a. DOL: Assigning unpaid “interns” as extras
b. IRS: Failing to pay employment taxes for crew
c. OSHA: Unsafe conditions after a series of accidents to the cast
4. The tax law signed by President Obama just before Christmas changed the Social Security tax in what way?
a. Reduced from 6.2% to 4.2% for 2011
b. Reduced from 6.2% to 5.2% for first half of year, then to 4.2% for second half
c. Reduced from 6.2% to 4.2% for 2011 and 2012
5. The same tax bill said employees can receive (and employers can deduct) up to ______ tax-free from an employer plan to pay for higher-education expenses.
a. $2,000 b. $5,250 c. $7,585
6. A global study found that workers around the world expect to retire, on average, at age 61. What age, on average, do Americans expect to retire?
a. 61 b. 63 c. 66
Sources: 1. CareerBuilder; 2. Health magazine survey; 3. The New York Times; 4. WhiteHouse.gov; 5. WhiteHouse.gov; 6. AXA Equitable survey
Answers: 1. B 2. C 3. C 4. A 5. B 6. B
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Small Business Tax Deduction Strategies
- MIOSHA appeal process: What to expect after receiving a citation
- Do oral complaints carry the same weight as written complaints in retaliation cases?
- Section 179 Benefits for LLC owners
- 7 tips for reducing your workers' comp costs