Employers operate in an increasingly complex legal environment, made all the more difficult by the tough economy. Hiring has emerged as a particular trouble spot. You need to hire and maintain a skilled and productive workforce, but you must watch out for legal liability that can surface in the process.
- Termination after maternity leave may violate the FMLA
- J.B. Hunt drops ban on hiring those with criminal records
- 3M to settle age bias suit rooted in quality control plan
- Ignore harassment at your peril: It could embolden harasser and end in disaster
- Head off problem employees' retaliation suits: Document all decision-making as it happens