Bishop Richard E. Cox, president of the Dayton chapter of the Southern ChristianConference (SCLC) and a member of the group’s national board, has intervened in a dispute between Maumee-based Dana Corp., the union that represents workers there and black current and former employees.
The black employees claim white workers receive preferential treatment at Dana, and that United Auto Workers Local 1765 goes along with the discrimination. Charges include unequal discipline for black and white employees and systematic racial harassment.
Cox told reporters the workers have contacted the Ohio Civil Rights Commission, the EEOC and the national UAW office, but have yet to receive any response.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- Tie HR to business strategy with right mission statement
- Does an employee have a right to 'correct' a discipline report that's going into her file?
- 10 real-life proven ways to retain your best employees
- Tough attendance policy? Careful when calling 'Strike three'