Verizon Wireless is using some sought-after benefits to help recruit new employees to fill 900 open positions.
Recruiters for the 79,000-employee cell phone company entice applicants by touting:
- Health, dental and vision insurance that begins on the first day of employment
- A 401(k) program with a 6% company match of the employee contributions
- Annual bonuses, profit sharing, merit increases, tuition assistance, adoption assistance and access to health and wellness programs
- Educational scholarships to employees’ children
- An additional $1,500 in pay to bilingual employees in key sales and customer service jobs.
When Verizon Wireless employees volunteer at local nonprofits, the company kicks in a $750 cash donation. The organization also matches employee charitable donations and offers additional grants to nonprofits where employees volunteer.
Contact: Karen Schulz, Karen.Schulz@VerizonWireless.com.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Employee's religious belief doesn't let her dictate your business
- With Obama's appointments, a new course for NLRB?
- 'Michelle's Law' kicks in Nov. 8: New health insurance rules for dependent kids
- Make sure your Internet usage reports are specific