Verizon Wireless is using some sought-after benefits to help recruit new employees to fill 900 open positions.
Recruiters for the 79,000-employee cell phone company entice applicants by touting:
- Health, dental and vision insurance that begins on the first day of employment
- A 401(k) program with a 6% company match of the employee contributions
- Annual bonuses, profit sharing, merit increases, tuition assistance, adoption assistance and access to health and wellness programs
- Educational scholarships to employees’ children
- An additional $1,500 in pay to bilingual employees in key sales and customer service jobs.
When Verizon Wireless employees volunteer at local nonprofits, the company kicks in a $750 cash donation. The organization also matches employee charitable donations and offers additional grants to nonprofits where employees volunteer.
Contact: Karen Schulz, Karen.Schulz@VerizonWireless.com.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- You can offer better benefits to older workers, Supreme Court rules
- HR groups fire back at mandatory sick leave legislation
- Communicating effectively with higher-ups
- Rework your severance plan: More prospective employees seeking this safety net