HR spending often wildly varies from the senior's priorities, says a new Watson Wyatt survey. Examples: While managers ranked staff selection second in terms of their priorities, it ranked 36th in terms of HR spending. Management ranked as third in importance, but it ranked 44th in HR spending. The lesson: Analyze how HR dollars are being spent at your organization, then sit down with the top brass to see if those patterns align with the organization's goals.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- Termination meeting should include open door, easy exit
- Do the math before taking action <br/> against employee on FMLA leave
- The HR I.Q. Test: January '16
- Spot supervisors' hidden bias by monitoring daily stream of info flowing into HR