HR spending often wildly varies from the senior's priorities, says a new Watson Wyatt survey. Examples: While managers ranked staff selection second in terms of their priorities, it ranked 36th in terms of HR spending. Management ranked as third in importance, but it ranked 44th in HR spending. The lesson: Analyze how HR dollars are being spent at your organization, then sit down with the top brass to see if those patterns align with the organization's goals.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- Ohio firm makes contest out of energy savings
- Porn on shared computer? Enforce log-in, log-out rules
- Employment law by the numbers: Know which laws count
- Landmark Same-Sex Ruling May Affect Your Benefits Plan