As of Dec. 13, employees with unresolved or Fair Labor Standards Act ( ) complaints with the DOL are being told of another option: a toll-free phone number that can link them to an ABA-approved lawyer in their area who could handle their lawsuit. The Wall Street Journal says the partnership essentially “helps plaintiffs' attorneys hunt for clients … let the suing commence.”
It could be a financial boon for plaintiffs’ attorneys. The big money is in FLSA cases. Employees filed more than 6,000 FLSA lawsuits last year, up from 1,500 in the early 1990s. Many employers who are sued opt to settle. With a median settlement ...(register to read more)
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Workplace violence: Recognizing the threats, reducing the danger
- Does your organization need insurance against employee lawsuits?
- Continued employment may be enough to make noncompetes legal
- FMLA eligibility: How serious is that serious health condition?