Is a tendency toward discrimination hiding within your management ranks? If so, you may be courting real trouble. You need to ferret it out as soon as possible. But how? Obviously, few supervisors will openly advertise their bias. But you may be able to spot it in the reams of information that routinely flows into HR.
- No harm in accommodating, even without official ADA disability determination
- Carefully document every rule violation to defend against surprise claims
- Forcing retirement at age 65 lands AFCO in legal hot water
- When religious needs conflict with schedule, shift swaps may be reasonable accommodation
- Feel free to authenticate suspicious documents