According to a recent Randstad survey, finding a fit with a company’s culture is essential.
The survey reveals that 35% of employees report company culture has the greatest impact on morale, while 22% believe it has a major effect on productivity. Among workers ages 18 to 34, 23% say it plays the biggest role in building job satisfaction.
So, what kind of company culture do you have? And does it fit who you are?
Workers responding to the Randstad survey said:
- 38% of workers list their current work culture as All Hands on Deck: Everyone works as a team to get jobs done, no matter your title or position.
- 18% label their company as having a Process culture: It’s all about data, grids and forms.
- 16% have a Work Hard/Play Hard culture: While employees take pride in their work, fun and action are the rule here.
- 12% say theirs is a Tough-Guy culture. Get the job done is the focus, and feedback and constructive criticism reign. You are expected to know what you are doing with little or no direction.
- 16% of survey participants said “none of the above.”