Don’t assume that only men can be sexual harassers. If your investigation uncovers a female harasser, don’t hesitate to punish her appropriately. You can even fire her if the harassment was severe—even if you don’t fire male co-workers who might also have behaved inappropriately.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Employers offering more flexibility on when work happens, less on how much
- How to reduce liability for harassment: Do the right thing
- Workplace bullying emerges as new employment law issue
- Know the law: Simply taking FMLA leave doesn't necessarily mean worker is disabled