Don’t assume that only men can be sexual harassers. If your investigation uncovers a female harasser, don’t hesitate to punish her appropriately. You can even fire her if the harassment was severe—even if you don’t fire male co-workers who might also have behaved inappropriately.
- Base light-duty policy on business necessity; enforce it consistently
- No need to tolerate personal woes that spill over to workplace arguments
- Insensitivity alone doesn't create a hostile environment
- Now hear this: Subway franchisee must pay $166,500 in ADA case
- Turn to legal or immigration experts when facing wage-and-hour complexities