To reap the benefits of your network, you’ll first want to make sure it’s as strongly woven as a trapeze net. Start by effectively deploying LinkedIn, the top online networking tool.
Susan Colantuono, CEO of Leading Women and author of No Ceiling, No Walls, says she uses LinkedIn in six ways to nurture her network:
1. Open and read LinkedIn’s weekly updates. Has someone gotten a promotion? Are friends attending an interesting event? Take the opportunity to send a quick “Congrats!” or “Sounds interesting!” note. That’s a network-nurturing move.
2. Post an event. If you’re attending or hosting an event, let the world know. Invite people in your network, or set up a “meet.”
3. Visit your home page. Colantuono says that, while looking at her home page recently, she saw a friend’s name and realized she’d been out of touch for a long time. It prompted her to reconnect.
4. Respond to discussions. If you’ve joined a group, selectively engage in discussions to build your online professional presence.
5. Spread the word about a job. “It’s a great way to help a colleague,” she says.
6. Recommend a book. You sound smart, and it helps the people in your network learn and grow.
— Adapted from “Seven Ways to Use LinkedIn,” Susan Colantuono, PINK.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/12797/6-ways-to-network-on-linkedin "