1. To be eligible for, employees must have worked for their employer for at least 12 months. Those must be 12 consecutive months.
___True, the 12 months cannot include a break in service
___False, the 12 months need not be consecutive
2. What do employees say are the top three reasons (in order) that they don’t pursue jobs in fields they’re passionate about:
a. Need for health insurance, fear of unknown, need for steady income
b. Need for steady income, need for health insurance, economic uncertainty
c. Economic uncertainty, fear of unknown, need for health insurance
3. What do employers say is the No. 1 most effective tactic for current employees to negotiate a better salary?
a. Show an understanding of what’s important to the company
b. Highlight specific accomplishments/results achieved
c. Know the salary range you want and have justification for increase
4. Voters in four states last mont approved state constitutional amendments guaranteeing employees’ rights to:
a. See results of their pre-
b. Receive pay-raise reviews at least annually (public employees)
c. Vote by secret ballot in union organizing elections
5. U.S. executives say what skill is their top employee development priority for the immediate future:
6. In a survey, CFOs say the type of tasks they’d most like to get off their plates are:
a. Basic clerical/administrative tasks
b. HR-related tasks
c. Accounting-related tasks
Sources: 1. Department of Labor; 2. Deloitte 2010 Worker Passion survey; 3. CareerBuilder survey; 4. NCSL.org; 5. AmericanAssociation survey; 6. Robert Half Management Resources.
Answers: 1. False 2. b 3. b 4. c 5. c 6. a
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/12794/the-hr-iq-test-december-10 "