1. To be eligible for, employees must have worked for their employer for at least 12 months. Those must be 12 consecutive months.
___True, the 12 months cannot include a break in service
___False, the 12 months need not be consecutive
2. What do employees say are the top three reasons (in order) that they don’t pursue jobs in fields they’re passionate about:
a. Need for health insurance, fear of unknown, need for steady income
b. Need for steady income, need for health insurance, economic uncertainty
c. Economic uncertainty, fear of unknown, need for health insurance
3. What do employers say is the No. 1 most effective tactic for current employees to negotiate a better salary?
a. Show an understanding of what’s important to the company
b. Highlight specific accomplishments/results achieved
c. Know the salary range you want and have justification for increase
4. Voters in four states last mont approved state constitutional amendments guaranteeing employees’ rights to:
a. See results of their pre-
b. Receive pay-raise reviews at least annually (public employees)
c. Vote by secret ballot in union organizing elections
5. U.S. executives say what skill is their top employee development priority for the immediate future:
6. In a survey, CFOs say the type of tasks they’d most like to get off their plates are:
a. Basic clerical/administrative tasks
b. HR-related tasks
c. Accounting-related tasks
Sources: 1. Department of Labor; 2. Deloitte 2010 Worker Passion survey; 3. CareerBuilder survey; 4. NCSL.org; 5. AmericanAssociation survey; 6. Robert Half Management Resources.
Answers: 1. False 2. b 3. b 4. c 5. c 6. a
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- No bonuses this year: Do we need to give notice?
- Managing the consequences of an affair badly ended
- Problem Solved: Real People … Real HR Solutions, July '09
- Wasted at work? You don't have to tolerate it!